Love

 Being in a relationship for seven and half years and married for five years I still dream about falling in love all over again. Whenever I watch people falling in love in movies, I wish to experience those movements again in my life. Is one love enough? Is being with one person really enough. Once you find one right person for you, is that it? Are you never allowed to experience falling in love ever again in your life as long as you are with that person? Aren't we capable of loving more than one person at a time. Is it allowed to to keep looking for a second right person while you are already with someone. Or does it mean that wishing to look for someone else means you don't love the first person anymore? I don't think so. I love my partner and he is perfect for me. There is nothing really lacking in this relationship. It is as beautiful as it can be. Yet I wish for new connections. I have seen research that says humans are not really monogamous. We do make pair bonds but we are capable of making multiple pair bonds simultaneously.  So maybe it is all there in our biology. But the society doesn't accept it. And we are socially programmed to see marriage as an end goal and then you are just the two of you for ever. Sometimes I feel like we have made each other such a big part of our identities that we have lost our individuality. I am trying from my side to untangle it a bit so that there is enough space for myself. I am not a possessive person. As long us it doesn't take away anything from me I feel I will be okey with him making new connections. I think I am capable of feeling happy for him if he does. It wont be easy in the beginning, but it will be possible and it will do us good at the end of the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Just So You Know"

MANJADI